Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Few Little Things


It's officially Spring now. Which I really like!
The temperature warms up a little bit. Everything starts turning green and coming to life again.
It's pleasant and makes me happy.

I'm working on making seasonal wreaths for my front door. I have one for fall that I made a couple years ago. And one for Christmas/Winter. But don't have anything appropriate for the Spring/Summer months.

I had most of the supplies for this Spring Tulip wreath. I had to pick up a grapevine wreath and a few extra tulips.

Now my front door is bright and Spring-y!!


I've slowly been working on decorating my entry way. Awhile ago I got a shelf and coat rack for the wall so we had a place for coats and things. And the shelf just do display pretty things.

Wasn't really sure what I wanted up there and the things I had in mind ended up just not looking right in that space.
I decided on a monogram. And came up with this little project.
I ordered the letter L. Then had to find a way to display it.

What I did was take a cardboard shoebox lid, cover it with a scrap of fabric and secure it on the back with hot glue. I put washi tape on the letter using a collection of greys and blacks I had. Then secured it to the fabric-covered lid with hot glue.
It actually worked! I wasn't sure if the glue would hold the letter up or not. But hasn't fallen down yet!!

I really like the outcome of my faux canvas wrapped monogram!!




Now I need to do some less exciting projects around the house. Like rearranging my kitchen to make it more baby-safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment