Friday, May 10, 2013

Vintage Rocking Chair Re-do

This rocking chair was given to me by a friend to use with the new Baby. I don't know how old it is, but is quite old. Still very sturdy and in good condition. The upholstery fabric was very worn out. So I decided to try recovering it.
Had no clue what I was doing when I started. Had a really general idea of how it's done but didn't have any specifics.

Here are the before pictures.

 I saw a link to a chair with similar design on Pinterest that gave me the idea of spray painting the wood and also gave me tips on how to recover it.
Was easier than I though, though still a time consuming process. Once I took the old fabric off I just cut out the new in the same shape and cut slits/pleats in the same place. I was even able to use most of the old upholstery tacks.

Here is the finished product!


I'm really pleased and pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that turned out amazing! Good job :) Inspires me to look into updating a couple of my own chairs.

    ReplyDelete