This rocking chair was given to me by a friend to use with the new Baby. I don't know how old it is, but is quite old. Still very sturdy and in good condition. The upholstery fabric was very worn out. So I decided to try recovering it.
Had no clue what I was doing when I started. Had a really general idea of how it's done but didn't have any specifics.
Here are the before pictures.
Was easier than I though, though still a time consuming process. Once I took the old fabric off I just cut out the new in the same shape and cut slits/pleats in the same place. I was even able to use most of the old upholstery tacks.
Here is the finished product!
Friday, May 10, 2013
Here are the before pictures...
Then painted over it with olive green! And painted the rest of the walls.