Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Today I started the 5th and final Answers in Genesis online apologetics course. This one is on Geology. I'm thinking I will really enjoy this one. In the video lecture I listened to this afternoon, the speaker said a Pastor he once knew said something he has always remembered, and has brought him encouragement over the years.

"Nothing worse has been said of you than has been said by God calling you a sinner;
And nothing better has been said of you than has been said by God calling you His child." 
 
 The verse that came to mind were Psalms 118:6 - "The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" I found it to be an encouraging truth, knowing nothing anyone says can be worse, or better.

I think just about everyone has people in their lives that they have to intereact with once in a while who just can't be pleased. No matter what you say, it's the wrong thing. You're criticized for everything you do, no matter what it is. You can never "win". You are always wrong, and always the "bad guy".
These relationships are frustrating. But I found encouragement to deal with these situations through this truth. That no matter what they say about me, what they call me, what they think of me, it can't be worse that what I am, a sinner, nor better than what I am, God's child!

No comments:

Post a Comment