Sunday, November 6, 2011

Epic Shopping Trip 11-5-11

This will be my first "couponing" blog post. I don't have the resources to be an "Extreme Couponer" but I do clip lots of coupons, have a binder full of them, study store ads, and plan my monthly shopping trips days in advance. Do all the sales, promos, and coupon match ups! Here are a few of the really good deals I got yesterday
I only paid $2.56 for all of this at CVS.

Transaction #1:
Bought 2 Aveeno lotion 2.5oz. $3.69 each.
Total with tax $7.89 Received a $7.00 Extra Care Bucks (aka, CVS cash coupon to use on next order).
Almost FREE after ECB(extra care bucks).

Transaction #2:
3 chapstick $1.50 each on sale.
1 Tide detergent 40oz. $5.94 on sale. Used a $2/1 coupon.
Also used my $7.00 ECB I just received. Bring my total down to $1.67 w/ tax!

At Raley's I scored FREE eggs and really cheap frozen pasta.
Dozen eggs were FREE after spending $20. And Raley's had a store coupon sale going on their Nob Hill frozen Tortellini pasta. Priced $3.99 each with a coupon for $3 off (limit of 4). Making them $0.99 a bag!

All 4 bags, only $3.96 total!! $0.99 each!

At Walmart I picked up a FREE box of Idahoan Farmhouse Fix'ns cheesy hashbrowns. Used a coupon good for 1 FREE up to $1.50 value from the All You magazine, Nov. issue.
I also got FREE ketchup at Walmart. In the Deli section they sell individual servings of Heinz ketchup in cute little glass bottles.


These were priced at $0.60 each. I had 4 coupons good for $1 off any Heinz ketchup. Which means, since Walmart now allows overage on coupons, I made $1.60 on buying these. Which means that additional $0.40 per coupon was applied to other items I bought! (a bonus to FREE ketchup is I have lots of fun craft ideas for these cute little jars after I use the ketchup)!!

Here are the freebies I picked up at various stores


Toothpaste was FREE at Smith's. Had a sale on Crest toothpaste a $1 each. I had 3 $1 off 1 Crest toothpaste. Making it FREE!

There are the highlights of my shopping trip yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment