Sunday, November 6, 2011

New Project!

While browsing around on coupon blogs and frugal websites I stumbled upon this blog post. A simple tutorial on how to make a knock-off version of the Williams-Sonoma Pumpkin Patch wreath priced at $99.95. The original blog post I saw about it said they could make it for $22.75.
Since I had a shopping trip to "the big city" and hour away ;). I decided I'd look out for some of these craft supplies, because I liked the wreath, and it looked like a fun project to do (Not like I need more projects).

Williams Sonoma Wreath 
I found 2 packages of 8 faux mini pumpkins at Walmart on clearance for $3.00 each.
I then stopped in a JoAnn's and found the grapevine wreath for $4.99, bag of Spanish Moss for $2.49 (had about half left over too), paid $3.49 for glue and already had some ribbon.
My total cost for supplies to make this wreath was $16.97. But considering I didn't use all the glue, and moss, It was actually less than that! There were a few leaves that came with the pumpkins that I glued on mine also.



This was my first time making a wreath. It was fun. I really like the way mine turned out, and I am pleased I got such a lovely wreath for not much money. I actually like mine much better than it's "inspiration".

No comments:

Post a Comment