Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving!

We had the privilege of having family here in town for the Thanksgiving weekend!
All the brothers stayed here at our house, and mom and Rebecca stayed with friend's from Church.
We all had a great time with one another, and friends.
 The boys enjoyed the xBox throughout the weekend.
I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the food we ate, except for the pies!
This was my first time getting to plan and cook almost the entire Thanksgiving dinner. The menu was Pork Roast, Mashed potatoes, Stuffing, Croissant rolls (made by mom), home canned Pears, Cranberry sauce, Deviled eggs, and Cheery, Apple and Pumpkin pies! It all turned out great, except for the stuffing which came out a little soggy :( But being my first time making stuffing, I wasn't too upset about it!

The rest of the afternoon we relaxed and played games until my Man had to go work a graveyard shift. He was able to take a couple of his brothers for ride-alongs!



















Friday morning Ben made breakfast and Matt did dishes! :) And the boys continued to play xBox.

Friday afternoon we spent time at the range.




And Saturday evening our good friend, Jeff took us all out for Mexican dinner!!

 We were all able to go to the gym a few times over the weekend.


And at the end of the weekend I was able to get a phone camera shot of an awesome sunset!


It was a wonderful weekend! I have so much to be thankful for! I'm thankful for family and friends, for a home where I can host family and friends. For my wonderful husband who worked 2 long overtime shifts on his holiday weekend, and always is willing to help out at work and home and take care of those he cares about. I'm thankful for the Church family God has blessed me with and for the beauty He gives everyday through creation, and the people in my life!

Yesterday, this particular Psalm was very meaningful to me, and I think it's a fitting one to meditate on while considering being Thankful!

Psalm 92:1-6
"It is good to give thanks to the LORD, so sing praises to your name, O Most High;
to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night, 
to the music of the lute and the harp, to the melody of the lyre.
For you, O LORD, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy.
How great are your works, O LORD! Your thoughts are very deep!
The stupid man cannot know; the fool cannot understand this:"

1 comment: