Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lots of Practice

Pretty much all I've been doing is quilting. Not sewing, quilting!

After quilting my friend's table runners. She has asked me to quilt 3 small-ish quilts.
Her nieces are doing quilting in 4-H and have completed quilt tops, the biggest one being Twin sized.

I have been quilting these for her, rather than her sending them to a LongArm quilter.
I am very thankful for the opportunity to practice my quilting. I've been able to play around with new designs. Also, making a little extra money on the side is nice!

However, I think I'm about done quilting. Or at least I'd like to be able to do it at my own pace. Having a deadline and being rushed is taking some of the fun out of it.

Anyways, I'm half way done with the 3rd quilt and see the end in sight. Just in time to take a break for the weekend and go to Idaho for my sister's baby shower!!



Oh! And speaking of quilting and LongArm quilters. I got my oversized queen Double Irish Chain Quilt back from the LongArm quilter. It turned out great! Will post pictures as soon as I get the binding sewn on.
My husband laughs at the fact that I paid someone to quilt my quilt, while being paid to quilt someone else's quilts. It is pretty funny! However, I don't feel quite confident enough to quilt a huge queen size quilt just yet. Maybe I'll get there someday... in the meantime, more practice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment